Military Communications for the 21st Century
MILCOM 2018: October 29-31, 2018 • Los Angeles, CA, USA
(Note: Check the conference agenda for full details on sessions.)
MILCOM 2018 solicits unclassified technical papers and proposals for tutorials and panels on current and emerging topics applicable to all facets of military communications. We encourage professionals in industry, academia and government worldwide to contribute and participate. The general forum will be open to all and there will be a restricted access portion of the program to support ITAR-controlled material.
Technical Tracks – The five tracks below represent the top-level topics that participants should submit their contributions under. Contributions include but are not limited to academic, operational, conceptual and other aspects of current or anticipated military communications, or advances to take warfighter communications to the next levels. MILCOM 2018 welcomes submissions from government and military service programs and laboratories to embrace current trends in military communications.
Submit your draft paper by clicking on the appropriate track below:
TRACK 1 - Waveforms and Signal Processing
TRACK 2 - Networking Protocols and Performance
TRACK 3 - Cyber Security and Trusted Computing
TRACK 4 - System Perspectives
TRACK 5 - Big Data and Machine Learning for Tactical Networks
Unclassified Technical Program
The unclassified technical program provides a venue for papers and presentations that do not include ITAR-sensitive, classified or proprietary information. EDAS will be used for all unclassified submissions.
Restricted-Access Technical Program
The restricted-access technical program provides avenue for papers that contain ITAR-controlled information. To attend and participate in the restricted access program, one must be a U.S. citizen. In addition, papers originated outside of U.S. will not be accepted in this program. Password protected email must be used for all restricted-access submissions.
Tutorials and Panels
MILCOM 2018 solicits proposals for unclassified half-day tutorials and one and half-to two- hour panels. Relevant topics include state-of-the-art communications and networking technologies, cyber, and innovative techniques applied to military communications for the 21st century.
- Technical Program Chair – John Shea, Ph.D., University of Florida
- Unclassified Technical Program Chair – Qinqing (Christine) Zhang, Ph.D., United Technologies Research Center
- Unclassified Program Vice Chairs – Tom Halford, Ph.D., WPL, Inc. Niranjan Suri, U.S. Army Research Laboratory
- Restricted-Access Technical Program Co-Chairs – Akinwale Akinpelu, Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory; Adina Matache, Ph.D., Aerospace Corporation
- Panels Program Co-Chairs – Bonnie L. Gorsic, The Boeing Company; Michael Kurdziel, Ph.D., Harris Corporation.
- Tutorials Program Co-Chairs – Bharat Doshi, Ph.D., U.S. Army, Communications- Electronics Research Development and Engineering Center (CERDEC); Jerry Brand, Ph.D.
Important Date to Participate in MILCOM 2018
Unclassified: draft paper submissions and tutorial/panel proposals due by
May 1, 2018 extended until May 21st.
Technical Papers, Tutorials and Panels: Draft paper submissions and tutorial/panel proposals due by
May 1, 2018 extended until June 1st.
MILCOM welcomes submissions from all areas of military communications and related technology, programs and systems: Researchers, Inventors, and Technical Leaders from all the military services and associated industries, laboratories and universities.