Dr. Dutta is a Senior Scientist at Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Lab (JHU/APL) focusing on security, mobility and Future Networks such as 5G. Prior to JHU/APL, he worked as Principal Member of Technical Staff/Lead Member of Technical Staff/Director of Technology Security at AT&T's Mobility and Cloud Security division. Prior to AT&T, he worked as the CTO Wireless at NIKSUN, in Princeton, New Jersey from September 2010 to February 2013. From 1997 to 2010, Dr. Dutta worked at Applied Research Division of Telcordia Technologies, NJ, formerly Bellcore Telcordia as Senior Scientist. He was also the Director of Central Research Facility CRF of Computer Science Department at Columbia University from 1989-1997 and worked as a Computer Engineer for Tata Engineering and Locomotive (TELCO), Jamshedpur, India from 1985-1987. He is also an adjunct faculty at New Jersey Institute of Technology.
Dr. Dutta is a Senior member of IEEE and ACM.
• Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from Columbia University, USA
• M.Phil. in Electrical Engineering from Columbia University, USA
• MS in Computer Science from New Jersey Institute of Technology, USA
• BS in Electrical Engineering from National Institute of Technology (formerly REC), Rourkela, India
• IEEE Communications Society Distinguished Lecturer
• IEEE IEEE 5G Initiative Co-Chair
• Director of Industry Outreach, IEEE Communications Society