ENABLING THE AI-DRIVEN ENTERPRISE
Juniper is using Mist AI to revolutionize enterprise networking. By delivering unprecedented automation and insights, the Juniper Mist AI Platform saves time and money, maximizes IT productivity, and delivers the best networking experience to any digital
Juniper has brought true innovation to the networking space with the world’s first AI- driven wired and wireless network.
The Juniper Mist™ AI Platform makes networking predictable, reliable and measurable with unprecedented visibility into the user experience. Time-consuming manual IT tasks are replaced with AI-driven proactive automation and self-healing capabilities, lowering networking operational costs and saving substantial time and money.
Juniper also brings enterprise-grade Wi-Fi, Bluetooth® LE and IoT together so businesses can increase the value of their wireless networks through personalized location services, such as wayfinding, proximity notifications, and asset location. With the patented virtual BLE (vBLE) technology, no battery beacons or manual calibration are required. Juniper also extends AI operational efficiency and insights to the wired side of the business.†
All operations are managed via the Juniper Mist open and programmable microservices cloud architecture. This delivers maximum scalability and performance while also bringing DevOps agility to wired and wireless networking and location services.
The Juniper Mist Cloud
Microservices bring unparalleled agility, scale, resiliency
Juniper makes it easy to add or remove new features by leveraging a microservices cloud architecture driven by Mist
AI. New enhancements and bug fixes are delivered almost weekly without network disruption. Services scale up or
down elastically when they’re needed, eliminating the cost and complexity of monolithic hardware. Plus, the Juniper Mist
platform is inherently resilient as the failure of one service does not impact others.
AI engine lowers OpEx, delivers unprecedented insight
The Juniper Mist cloud uses AI and data science to analyze large amounts of rich metadata collected from Juniper Access Points and Juniper Networks® EX Series Switches to provide actionable insight. For example:
• Supervised machine learning correlates events for rapid root cause identification.
• Time-series anomaly detection identifies negative trends and determines the magnitude of their impact.
• AI-driven Radio Resource Management (RRM) optimizes the RF settings in real-time based on changing conditions.
• Natural Language Processing (NLP) is used for making complex queries simple and fast.
• Unsupervised machine learning is used with Juniper’s vBLE technology to accurately locate users and devices.
The Juniper Mist cloud enables networking and location services to be consumed in a scalable and cost effective
manner. Customers select the specific subscription services (detailed on page 2) that are best for their environment, and
can easily add/remove cloud services as business requirements change. No additional hardware is required.
Fully programmable cloud
The Juniper Mist platform is 100% programmable, using open APIs, for full automation and seamless integration with
complementary products including our AI for IT partners across LAN, WAN, security, engagement and asset location.
Accelerate Your Digital Transformation with Network and Business Insights
Juniper Mist Wired Assurance, Wireless Assurance, User Engagement, and Asset Visibility services include a base
analytics capability for analyzing up to 30 days of data, simplifying the process of extracting network insights from data
and analytics across your enterprise—allowing you to properly align support resources or introduce enhanced premium services. For enterprises needing deeper flexibility to extend the data timeline beyond* 30 days or access other third- party*solutions with customizable* reporting for better shopper and guest behavior understanding, Juniper Mist Premium Analytics Subscription services is available. Learn more about Juniper Mist Premium Analytics Subscription here.
AI-Driven Campus Fabric Management
Juniper’s AI-Driven Enterprise portfolio enables customers to scale and simplify the deployment of their campus wired and wireless networks while bringing greater insight and automation to network operators. An enhancement to the Juniper Mist Cloud and AI engine, EVPN-VXLAN campus fabric management is part of Wired Assurance, and it expands on Juniper’s unique automation, AIOps, and cloud capabilities to streamline IT operations, lower IT costs, and deliver unparalleled agility and scale. It helps IT teams:
- Simplify device onboarding using a QR code
- Provide cloud-based EVPN-VXLAN configuration using intent and choice of topology
- Verify, apply, and confirm intent once fabric is provisioned
IT teams using AI-driven campus fabric management can easily onboard, deploy, and manage campus fabrics at scale from the Juniper Mist cloud.
Best Wi-Fi and Bluetooth LE performance
In addition to delivering the best 802.11ax (Wi-Fi 6) and 802.11ac Wi-Fi range and performance, Juniper APs incorporate a patented dynamic vBLE 16 element antenna array to deliver the industry’s most accurate and scalable location services.
Data collection, analysis and enforcement
Juniper APs collect data and enforce policies in conjunction with the Juniper Mist cloud, which is critical when doing analytics, machine learning, location services, and event correlation. For enhanced visibility, several models incorporate IoT sensors and a third radio for business process automation, constant monitoring and intelligent packet capture to speed up troubleshooting.
Single, enterprise-grade platform for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth LE, and IoT
For network convergence, Juniper APs incorporate a port for direct, and programmable, integration to the analog and digital interfaces of IoT devices.
Juniper® Session Smart™ Router delivers distributed, softwaredefined routing by building an application and service-centric
fabric that optimizes user experience with the industry’s best goodput. Its smart design also delivers breakthrough
economics, provides granular visibility and insights, and brings zero trust security.
Juniper® Session Smart™ Conductor centralizes management and policy, delivering SD-WAN orchestration and operations. It
enables zero-touch provisioning for distributed Session Smart Routers, ensuring network-wide, multitenant service and policy
Enterprise Networking Cloud Services
Juniper Mist Wi-Fi Assurance
Juniper makes Wi-Fi predictable, reliable, and measurable. Automate operations, save time and money, and get unprecedented visibility into the Wi-Fi user experience. Secure your network with 802.1X, IPsec, rogue AP detection, and more.
• Customizable Wi-Fi Service Levels Set, monitor, and enforce Service Level Expectations (SLE) for key Wi-Fi
• Root Cause Identification in One Click Proactively identify and fix the root causes of problems using Juniper’s
Proactive Analytics and Correlation Engine (PACE).
• Guest Wi-Fi The industry’s most scalable guest access solution with options including: multiple language support,
customizable branding, social login, and external portal/ AAA/RADIUS integration.
• AI-Driven Radio Resource Management Learn and better optimize radio settings to assure performance, while
also instantaneously adapting to intermittent outside interference.
• Real-time User State Information Dynamically capture packets the moment an event occurs; Rewind to see any
user’s state at any point in time.
• Simple Resource Assignment and QoS With WxLAN, assign and prioritize network resources to Wi-Fi users with
the click of a mouse or via pre-assigned policies.
Juniper Mist Wired Assurance
Deliver better experiences for connected devices with AIpowered automation and service levels. Wired Assurance
leverages rich Junos telemetry from EX Series Switches to enable simpler operations, shorter mean time to repair and
improved visibility into end-user experiences.
• Improved User Experience with insights derived from Session Smart Router or SRX Series WAN edge telemetry data. This
allows WAN Assurance to compute unique “User Minutes” that indicate whether users are having a good experience.
• End to End Impact Analysis by working with Marvis to correlate events across the LAN, WLAN and WAN for rapid
fault isolation and resolution across all domains.
• Automatic Identification and Correction enables proactive actions as a result of anomaly detection with automated
workflows, with an eye towards completely self-driving networks from client to cloud.
Marvis Virtual Network Assistant
Meet Marvis – the first interactive, virtual network assistant for The Self-Driving Network™. It helps IT teams get to
answers in real-time by streamlining operations and simplifying troubleshooting, while boosting user experiences.
• A Conversational Interface Marvis uses Natural Language Processing (NLP) with Natural Language Understanding
and Knowledge Graphs to understand user intent and goals. It contextualizes the inquiry and returns specific
results, and can even take actions based on user feedback.
• Marvis Actions for The Self Driving Network Marvis Actions leverages the Mist AI engine to identify the root
cause of issues across the IT domains (WLAN, LAN, WAN, Security) and automatically fixes (self-driving) or
recommends actions (driver-assist) with high efficacy.
• Anomaly Detection Marvis adds anomaly detection to the SLE framework so that administrators can rapidly and proactively identify service impacting events that assure rapid determination and resolution of the root cause of issues.
• Correlate Data to Understand Scope Marvis correlates information across a large knowledge base to determine
the scope and magnitude of a problem.
• Accurate Root Cause Analysis Bayesian Inference, a part of our data science toolbox, is used to identify causes
with the highest probability of association to the problem occurring on the network.
Juniper Mist Premium Analytics
• End-to-end Network Visibility Get 30 days of insights through the analysis of network data from Juniper across
your network to optimize end-user/client experiences and identify trends to improve network resource optimization.
Additional insights with other third party* networking solutions with customized* reporting is available.
• Orchestrated Networking and Application Performance Queries Correlate and analyze data across Juniper Mist
cloud for optimized application delivery. Deeper insights across third-party* networking solutions and devices to
generate customized queries for WAN performance from campus to branch is available.
• Simplified Network Transparency Access to real-time line of site reporting to view network abnormalities, like rogues
and honeypots. Extend viewing periods beyond 30 days* and request customized* reports with other third-party*
Bluetooth LE Cloud Services
Juniper Mist User Engagement
Juniper flipped the indoor location model on its head. With patented virtual Bluetooth LE (vBLE), indoor location is finally easy
to deploy and scale, with unprecedented accuracy and agility.
• Real-time Wayfinding Help employees, guests, and customers get to where they need to be with turn-by-turn
directions. Enable wayfinding with accuracy of up to 1 meter (3.3 feet) with sub-second latency.
• Real-time Proximity Notification and Alerts Greet patients, clients or customers as they arrive onsite. Create push
notifications anywhere with unlimited virtual beacons. Deliver contextually relevant messages anywhere for a
personalized mobile experience.
• SDK for Mobile App Integration Juniper offers a mobile SDK that enables you to integrate your mobile application
wayfinding and notifications with Juniper’s virtual Bluetooth LE infrastructure.
Juniper Mist Asset Visibility
With Juniper’s patented virtual Bluetooth LE technology, the same infrastructure for engaging with mobile users can be used
for asset visibility.
• Get Full Visibility Into People and Things Using Standardsbased Bluetooth LE Services Easily locate key resources, like
nurses, security guards, and sales associates. Track IV pumps, forklifts, and high value assets with Bluetooth LE tags.
• Asset Identity Assign names to asset tags or BLE-enabled mobile/IoT devices to locate these assets on your venue
map or integrate location with business applications.
• Detailed Analytics Monitor visits and dwell times, with detailed drill down into zone traffic patterns and
• Asset Location and Analytics Powered by APIs A complete and open set of APIs enable you to integrate your asset
tags as well as asset location and analytics applications with the Juniper virtual Bluetooth LE infrastructure.
Juniper Mist Premium Analytics
• Customer segmentation and reporting based on visitor telemetry Review your customer/workforce traffic visits
for resource planning or customized notification services. Out-of-the-box reporting and dashboards for 30 days, with
extended option* to 12 months or longer.
• Customized* dwell and third party reporting for traffic and trend analysis. Generate customized* visitor segmentation
with motion paths (traffic flows between departments) dynamically or historically for cross-sell service delivery
across brands and product affiliates.
• Correlate customer-guest traffic and trend analysis Identify and segment various customer/guest types across your
product portfolio. Expand data correlation beyond* 30 days for planning of existing and new resources and services.