Information for Authors
Registration is required for all participants of MILCOM 2019.
Authors MUST register as FULL Conference in any category for which the author is eligible.
Final Paper Submission Process
Final versions of accepted papers must be uploaded to EDAS for inclusion in the conference proceedings and submitted to IEEE Xplore®.
The deadline for uploading final papers is August 31, 2018.
Follow these 3 steps to complete your upload:
1. Use IEEE PDF eXpress to verify the format of your PDF and that your paper is IEEE Xplore compatible.
NOTE: Uploading to PDF eXpress is NOT your final upload. PDF eXpress is just a tool to check the formatting before you submit to EDAS (step 3).
The specific steps for passing through PDF eXpress are:
- Log in to the IEEE PDF eXpress site First-time users should select the “New Users - Click Here” link to create an account. If you have used this site for a previous conference, you can log into your account.
- You must enter the conference ID for MILCOM. The MILCOM Conference ID is 47813x
- Upload your paper to the web site. If your paper passes the format check, the site will email a PDF file to your email address. Meta data is embedded in the file verifying that the format is approved.
2. Complete the IEEE Copyright Form
You need to submit your IEEE copyright form using the IEEE electronic copyright mechanism. Log into EDAS and select “My Papers” to access your paper, and then click the link to the copyright form. The “IEEE Copyright Submission” button will take you to IEEE’s web page to fill out and submit the copyright form electronically. If your organization requires you to upload a scan of a signed form, you upload the form on the EDAS copyright page.
3. Upload your paper to EDAS
Upload to EDAS the version of your paper that was passed through PDF express. In EDAS select the “My Papers” menu item, and then upload your final manuscript using the link provided for your MILCOM paper. Your final paper must be submitted no later than August 31st in order to be included in the conference proceedings.
Format and Over-length Fees
Papers must be written in English and use two-columns, single-spacing, 10-point font, and U.S. letter-size paper dimensions.
- Standard IEEE manuscript templates for conference proceedings in Microsoft Word and LaTeX formats can be found here.
- Final papers may be up to six (6) pages without incurring an over-length fee. Papers that exceed this limit will be assessed a per-page over-length charge of $150/page, up to a maximum of eight (8) total pages. The fee is paid within EDAS at the time the paper is uploaded.
Registration and No-Show Policies
To be published in the MILCOM 2019 Conference Proceedings and to be eligible for publication in IEEE Xplore®, an author of an accepted paper is required to register for the conference at a Full Conference rate and the paper must be presented by an author of that paper at the conference unless the TPC Chair grants permission for a substitute presenter. Substitute presenter arrangements must be made in advance of the event and any substitute must be qualified both to present and answer questions. For authors with multiple accepted papers, one full registration is valid for up to 3 papers. Accepted and presented papers will be published in the MILCOM 2018 Conference Proceedings and submitted to IEEE Xplore® as well as other Abstracting and Indexing (A&I) databases.
Each paper is allocated a 25 minute time slot (20 minutes for the presentation and 5 minutes for questions). Laptop computers and projectors will be provided. Authors will be provided instructions on how to upload their presentation slides to the presentation system. A PowerPoint template for the presentation can be downloaded below.
MILCOM 2019 Power Point Template