MILCOM 2019 solicits proposals for unclassified half-day tutorials to an enthusiastic audience in the community. Relevant topics include state-of-the-art communications and networking technologies, cyber, and innovative techniques applied to military communications.
Each Tutorial Proposal is evaluated by a tutorial committee using the following criteria:
- Technical content
- Proposal quality
- Instructor experience
- Applicability to conference theme
Subjects of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Advanced communications and networking technologies
- Non-traditional communications technologies
- Cyber security and cyber resilience
- Communications for unmanned systems
- Virtual / augmented reality
- Satellite Communications (SatCom)
- Trustworthy computing
- Internet of Things (IoT) in tactical environments
- Cyber physical human systems in military
- Advanced antenna techniques
- Spectrum management
- Advances in RF, microwave and millimeter wave technologies
Proposals Due: May 12, 2019
Acceptance Notification: June 14, 2019
Materials Due: October 13, 2019
Tutorial submission instructions:
The proposal should concisely and clearly describe the content and objectives of the tutorial, and must include:
- Title of the tutorial
- Abstract, objectives and motivation
- Timeliness and intended audience
- Name, affiliation, and a short biography of each tutorial speaker.
- A description of the technical issues that the tutorial will address, emphasizing its timeliness.
- An outline of the tutorial content, including its tentative schedule.
- If appropriate, a description of the past/relevant experience of the speaker(s) on the topic of the tutorial.
- A description of previous tutorial experience of the speaker(s), and past versions of the tutorial.
- State if a similar tutorial has been offered in recent MILCOM conferences (last two years) and how your tutorial differs.
Proposals should be submitted online via EDAS: https://www.edas.info/newPaper.php?c=26070
- Full paid conference attendees receive one complimentary tutorial included in registration.
- Tutorial materials will be distributed in electronic format only. Hard copies will NOT be provided.
- For accepted tutorials, authors agree to register and attend MILCOM 2019 in Norfolk, VA
Tutorial Questions? Contact the MILCOM 2019 Tutorials Co-chairs:
Jerry Brand, Ph.D., email@example.com
Bharat Doshi, Ph.D., firstname.lastname@example.org