COVID-19 Safety Plan from AFCEA International
Current as of February 2, 2022
AFCEA is fully committed to holding a rewarding 2022 FedID Forum. AFCEA’s priority is always the health and well-being of our community. Our COVID-19 Safety Plan is a living document that will continue to evolve as we follow guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and work closely with the venue and vendors, to create a safer experience for FedID participants.
Personal Accountability Commitment
Providing a safer environment for our event participants is a top priority. Achieving this goal is a shared responsibility. By attending AFCEA’s 2022 FedID, you agree to abide by and engage in conduct that is beneficial to health and safety. This includes, but is not limited to:
- complying with local, state and venue regulations.
- engaging in appropriate physical distancing.
- not attending the event if you feel ill or have been recently exposed to COVID-19.
- not attending if you have not been vaccinated.
CDC Self Checker Widget
- All event staff, vendors, attendees, exhibitors, volunteers, guests, and other conference participants are required to wear facial coverings when indoors or outdoors at all conference facilities during conference activities, other than when actively eating or drinking or when on-stage speaking.
- Please bring your own facial covering. A limited supply will be available onsite; inquire at registration.
- FedID will comply with local, state, and venue regulations that are in effect during the conference.
Hand sanitizer will be available to conference participants.
Exhibitor Best Practices and Readiness
AFCEA will provide best practices for exhibitors on how to maintain adequate physical distancing in their space. These include but are not limited to the following:
- Requiring facial coverings by all exhibitor personnel while indoors per current CDC and venue guidance.
- Cleaning high-touch surfaces multiple times throughout the day.
- Providing hand sanitizer for exhibitor personnel and attendees.
- Current CDC guidance on Safer Activities for both Vaccinated and Unvaccinated individuals is available here.
- Current CDC guidance for Vaccinated individuals is available here.
- Current CDC guidance for Unvaccinated individuals is available here.
We have taken enhanced health and safety measures and require all persons to follow posted instructions while attending FedID 2022. You must agree to abide by all AFCEA and venue safety protocols, follow applicable safety precautions.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.
By attending FedID 2022 you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
Help keep each other healthy.