AFCEA Augusta-Fort Gordon Chapter Course: Zero Trust: Beyond the Buzzword
Tuesday, August 17, 2021: 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Zero Trust is not just another buzzword in a never-ending list of tech trends. The principles of zero trust eliminates the binary trust/don't trust approach applied to users and assets in yesterday's on-premise, perimeter-centric environments.
According to a recent survey, 100% of U.S. Federal Government agencies are storing sensitive data in third-party cloud, mobile, social, big data and IoT platforms, which inherently makes data vulnerable. Traditional perimeter protection does not protect off-premise data, which speaks to the need to take a zero trust approach to data security.
Attend this session discussion to learn about the best practices for implementing a zero trust architecture to protect your most sensitive data despite the dissolving perimeter. The speaker will discuss the top 5 things you need to know about zero trust:
1. The basics. What is zero trust and how does it apply to data security?
2. Setting the stage. How digital transformation can make data vulnerable but also more secure.
3. Getting to work. Tips for putting zero trust architecture into action.
4. What about the cloud? How does cloud make implementing zero trust faster but more complicated.
5. Pulling it all together. How to develop a long term strategy to protect data throughout its lifecycle.
6. Best practices for implementing the White House Executive Order on Improving the Nation's Cybersecurity Infrastructure.
Approved for 1 CompTIA CEU: A+, Network+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, and PenTest+; 1 GIAC CPE; 1 CertNexus CFR CEC +