Unclassified Technical Papers
MILCOM solicits technical papers on current and emerging topics applicable to all facets of military communications. We encourage professionals in industry, academia and government worldwide to contribute and participate. The general forum will be open to all and there will be a restricted access portion of the program to support ITAR-controlled or FOUO material. Accepted papers will be published in IEEE Xplore and the MILCOM 2017 Conference Proceedings.
A draft of the 2017 Unclassified Technical Program is available here: https://edas.info/p23222
Draft Papers Due: May 8, 2017
Paper Acceptance Notification: July 10, 2017
Final Papers Due:
August 1, 2017 extended: August 31, 2017
Presentations Due: Upload presentation online October 4 - 17
Questions? Contact Harlan Russell, mailto:email@example.com
- All submissions should be written in English with draft papers up to six (6) printed pages in length, two-column, single-spaced with 10-point font on US Letter paper.
- Final papers that exceed six (6) pages will be assessed a per-page over-length charge of $150/page, up to a maximum of eight (8) total pages. Standard IEEE Transactions template for Microsoft Word and LaTeX formats can be found at http://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html and follow the guidelines for ComSoc publications (follow the Article Template link).
- EDAS requires an abstract to get underway. The MILCOM Technical Team suggests using the same abstract that your draft paper will have (required by the template).
- A draft paper must be submitted for consideration prior to the final closing dates on www.milcom.org under the “Call for Papers”. The abstract length generally runs from 200-500 words as a general rule (the template has an example).
- The papers follow IEEE policy and will have at least three qualified blind reviewers and will be judged against other submitted papers for applicability, etc.
- To be published in the IEEE MILCOM 2017 Conference Proceedings and to be eligible for publication in IEEE Xplore®, an author of an accepted paper is required to register for the conference at a full conference rate and the paper must be presented by an author of that paper at the conference.
- Non-refundable registration fees must be paid prior to uploading the final IEEE formatted, publication-ready version of the paper. (For authors with multiple accepted papers, one full registration is valid for up to 3 papers.)
- Accepted and presented papers will be published in the IEEE MILCOM 2017 Conference Proceedings and submitted to IEEE Xplore® as well as other Abstracting and Indexing (A&I) databases.
Papers are reviewed on the basis that they do not contain plagiarized material and have not been submitted to any other conference at the same time (double submission). These matters are taken very seriously and IEEE will take action against any author who has engaged in either practice.
IEEE Web Page on Plagiarism:
IEEE Web Page on Double Submission:
MILCOM 2017 PowerPoint Template