Student Travel Grants
How will award recipients be notified?
Award recipients will be notified by email (sent via EDAS) by September 16, 2016. Approximately four weeks prior to the conference, award recipients will receive an email from the MILCOM Finance Chair containing instructions for receiving the grant including all necessary forms.
What is required to receive my grant?
At the conference, the student should have the Presentation Acknowledgement form signed by their Session Chair to verify that the student presented the paper. In order to receive your travel grant award, we require you to submit complete documentation either via email to the MILCOM Finance Chair or onsite at the conference to the MILCOM Operations Center (Room 329).
Both items specified below are required:
- A completed and signed W-9 (if you are a U.S. resident) or W-8BEN (for all others).
- A completed Student Presentation Acknowledgement form signed by your Session Chair. We strongly suggest you obtain the signature immediately following the conclusion of your paper presentation session.
How will I receive payment?
Award payments checks (issued from a U.S. bank) will be mailed to awardees after the conference. Electronic wire transfers are available in lieu of checks upon request. Check and/or wire transfers will be processed within 30 days after the MILCOM conference.
If you prefer, payment via wire can be arranged upon request. Wire transfers will be reduced by $35 USD to cover MILCOM’s bank processing fees. In order to process a wire transfer, you will need to provide the following information:
- Bank Name
- Bank Address
- ABA Routing Number
- SWIFT Number (international transfers)
- Bank Account Holder’s Name (must be exactly as it appears on the bank account)
- Bank Account Holder’s Address
- Bank Account Number