MILCOM 2016 solicits technical papers and proposals for tutorials and panels on current and emerging topics applicable to all facets of military communications. We encourage professionals in industry, academia and government worldwide to contribute and participate. The general forum will be open to all and there will be a restricted access portion of the program to support ITAR-controlled or FOUO material.
A draft of the Unclassified Technical Program is available here: https://edas.info/p22220
SUBMISSIONS - CLOSED
Final Papers Due: September 1, 2016
Presentations Due: October 25, 2016
Materials Due: October 25, 2016
Materials Due: September 26, 2016
CLICK HERE to view Author Information
The unclassified technical program provides a venue for papers and presentations that do not contain classified, export-controlled (e.g. ITAR), or otherwise restricted (e.g. FOUO) information. (Manuscripts with such restrictions may be submitted to the Restricted Access Technical Program.) It will feature five technical tracks with topic of interests listed in the CFP.
Prospective authors are invited to submit original papers to the conference technical tracks by the deadline. Accepted papers will be published in IEEE Xplore and the MILCOM 2016 Conference Proceedings.
Paper Submission Links
Submit your manuscript to the tracks in the Unclassified Technical Program using EDAS using the links below:
TRACK 1 – WAVEFORMS AND SIGNAL PROCESSING http://edas.info/N22221
TRACK 2 – NETWORKING PROTOCOLS AND PERFORMANCE http://edas.info/N22222
TRACK 3 – CYBER SECURITYAND TRUSTED COMPUTING http://edas.info/N22223
TRACK 4 – SYSTEM PERSPECTIVES http://edas.info/N22224
TRACK 5 – SELECTED TOPICS IN COMMUNICATIONS http://edas.info/N22225
- All submissions should be written in English with draft papers up to six (6) printed pages in length, two-column, single-spaced with 10-point font on US Letter paper.
- Final papers that exceed six (6) pages will be assessed a per-page over-length charge of $350/page, up to a maximum of ten (10) total pages. Standard IEEE Transactions template for Microsoft Word and LaTeX formats can be found at http://www.ieee.org/publications_standards/publications/authors/authors_journals.html and follow the guidelines for ComSoc publications (follow the Article Template link).
- EDAS requires an abstract to get underway. The MILCOM Technical Team suggests using the same abstract that your draft paper will have (required by the template).
- A draft paper must be submitted for consideration prior to the final closing dates on www.milcom.org under the “Call for Papers”. The abstract length generally runs from 200-500 words as a general rule (the template has an example).
- The papers follow IEEE policy and will have at least three qualified blind reviewers and will be judged against other submitted papers for applicability, etc.
- To be published in the IEEE MILCOM 2016 Conference Proceedings and to be eligible for publication in IEEE Xplore®, an author of an accepted paper is required to register for the conference at a full conference rate and the paper must be presented by an author of that paper at the conference.
- Non-refundable registration fees must be paid prior to uploading the final IEEE formatted, publication-ready version of the paper. (For authors with multiple accepted papers, one full registration is valid for up to 3 papers.)
- Accepted and presented papers will be published in the IEEE MILCOM 2016 Conference Proceedings and submitted to IEEE Xplore® as well as other Abstracting and Indexing (A&I) databases.
Papers are reviewed on the basis that they do not contain plagiarized material and have not been submitted to any other conference at the same time (double submission). These matters are taken very seriously and IEEE will take action against any author who has engaged in either practice.
Call for Papers
Restricted Call for Papers
MILCOM 2016 PowerPoint Template