Exhibitor & Sponsor FAQs
AGE RESTRICTIONS - How old must you be to attend?
No one under the age of 18 is permitted in the exhibit areas at any time. This is extremely important during move-in and move-out.
AIRPORT & TRANSPORTATION - What is the closest airport to the Walter E. Washington Convention Center and what transportation services are available?
Reagan National Airport (DCA) is the closest airport to the convention center. Passengers in need of ground transportation have a wide selection of affordable options to choose from. Please visit the following the airport website for more information. Other nearby airports are Dulles International Airport (IAD) and Baltimore Washington International Airport (BWI).
ATTENDEE LIST - How can I obtain a pre-and post show attendee list?
Attendee lists for the AFCEA Defensive Cyber Operations Symposium are not available. To access information about the 2015 event, please click here.
BADGES (exhibitors) – How can I register our booth personnel? How many badges is our company eligible for and what do they give us access to?
Exhibitor Registration is now open. Please click here to register for your exhibitor badges. Exhibitors will receive one exhibitor full conference badge per 10'x10' exhibit space, and unlimited exhibit hall only passes for booth personnel.
BUDGET - How do I work with a tight budget?
- Always order your services before the discount deadlines.
- Consolidate your freight and shrink wrap it to avoid additional material handling charges.
- For large groups use shuttle transportation rather than individual taxi service.
- Always bring back up supplies so you don’t have to rent them for a premium at the show.
- Some items are more cost effective to bring on your own rather than renting them repeatedly at every show. (i.e. power strips, extension cords, artificial plants, wastebaskets etc.)
- Consider the costs of rental displays, carpet and booth furnishing versus shipping and material handling charges for your own display.
- For larger booths - ship hanging signs and carpet in advance to allow for straight-time installation when possible.
CONFERENCE SCHEDULE - Where can I find a schedule of events?
A schedule of events is available online. Please click here to view the current event agenda.
CONTACTS - Who are my key contacts as an exhibitor?
Please click here for a list of key contacts for this event.
COSTS - What other costs can I expect in addition to my booth space?
Most Exhibitors will incur/need:
- Material Handling/Drayage charges
- Shipping charges
- Carpet (Carpeting is REQUIRED)
- Furniture (draped tables, chairs, wastebaskets, etc.)
- Electrical/internet connection
- Additional Booth furniture
Prices are available in the exhibitor service manual.
DEADLINES – What deadlines do I need to keep in mind as an exhibitor?
Most deadlines fall 30-45 days in advance of the first day of the expo. A comprehensive list of deadlines is available in the exhibitor service manual.
DEMOGRAPHICS – What is the demographic breakdown of attendees?
Please view the 2015 Verified Attendee Report for attendee demographics.
DRESS CODE - What is the dress code for booth personnel?
The uniform for military personnel attending the event is uniform of the day. Civilian attire for the conference is business casual.
EXHIBITOR LIST - Who is exhibiting this year?
Visit our website to see a current list of exhibitors and an interactive floor plan.
EXHIBITOR SERVICE MANUAL – When will I receive my exhibitor service manual?
The exhibitor service manual is online now.
EXPOSITION SCHEDULE – What are this year’s move-in, move-out and show hours?
The current exposition schedule is available at this link. Please note that the schedule is subject to change. Changes will be communicated to exhibitors via email.
EXHIBIT SPACE - What is included in the space charge?
- Exhibitor newsletters with important deadline information and reminders for a successful event.
- Access to the Exhibitor Resource Center, providing you tools to manage and enhance your exhibiting experience.
- Opportunity to include your new solutions in an outreach to registered attendees.
- Promote Your Booth
- Company listing on the event website, including web address, description, and 3 product categories. Upgrades available.
- Company listing on the event mobile app, including web address, description, and 3 product categories. Exposure continues through event. Upgrades available.
- One full conference pass per 10’x10’
- Take advantage of this outstanding opportunity to engage with other attendees and invite them back to your booth for a meeting and/or product demonstration
- Unlimited exhibitor badges
- Promote Your Booth
- Company listing in the pocket program, including company name and booth number.
- Company listing on onsite exhibitor locator(s), company name and booth number.
- Copy of the post-conference summary
HOTEL RESERVATIONS - How can I make hotel reservations?
Exhibitor Housing is now open. Please click here to make your reservations.
REGISTRATION - How do I register to be an attendee at the AFCEA Defensive Cyber Operations Symposium?
Attendee Registration now open. Please click here to register for your attendee badges.
RESERVING EXHIBIT SPACE - How do I sign up to exhibit at the AFCEA Defensive Cyber Operations Symposium?
You can sign up to exhibit by filling out an Application for Exhibit Space. Please contact our Exhibit Sales and Sponsorship Team at 703-995-2567 with any questions.
SPONSORSHIPS – What type of patron and sponsorship opportunities are available?
Please view the sponsorship opportunities with descriptions on the sponsorship website.