Exhibitor & Sponsor Frequently Asked Questions
AGE RESTRICTIONS – Are there any age restrictions to get into the exhibit hall?
No one under the age of 18 is allowed in the exhibit hall area at any time.
AIRPORT & TRANSPORTATION – What is the closest airport to the convention center and what transportation is available?
Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI) is the closest airport to the convention center (approximately 10 miles away). Passengers in need of ground transportation have a wide selection of affordable options to choose from.
ATTENDEE LIST – How can I obtain a pre- and post show attendee list?
An attendee list is not available for this event.
BADGES (Exhibitors) - How can I register our booth personnel?
You may regsiter your booth personnel here.
BUDGET – How do I work with a tight budget?
- Always order your services before discount deadlines.
- Consolidate your freight and shrink wrap it to avoid additional material handling charges.
- For larger groups, use shuttle transportation rather than individual taxi service.
- Always bring back up supplies so you don’t have to rent them for a premium at the show.
- Some items are more cost effective to bring on your own rather than renting them repeatedly at every show (i.e. power strips, extension cords, artificial plants, waste baskets, etc.)
- Consider the cost of rental displays, carpet and booth furnishing versus shipping and material handling charges for your own display.
- Meet your freight target times (if applicable), and instruct your drivers to check in at the marshaling yard before the deadline time noted in the Exhibitor Service Manual (available January 2018) to avoid additional surcharges.
- For larger booths, ship hanging signs and carpet in advance to allow for straight-time installation when possible.
CONFERENCE SCHEDULE – Where can I find a schedule of events?
The schedule of events will be available March 2018.
CONTACTS – Who are my key contacts as an exhibitor?
A list of Key Contacts is available here.
COSTS – What other costs can I expect in addition to my booth space?
Most Exhibitors will incur/need:
- Material Handling/Drayage charges
- Shipping charges
- Booth furniture (i.e. draped tables, chairs, etc. in addition to what is automatically provided)
- Electric/Phone/Internet Connection
Detailed prices are available in your Exhibitor Service Manual (available January 2018).
DEADLINES – What deadlines do I need to keep in mind as an exhibitor?
Most deadlines fall within 30-40 days of the exposition. Details will be available January 2018.
DRESS CODE – What is the dress code for booth personnel?
Business professional is always welcome, but khakis and company logo polo-shirts are acceptable as well.
EXHIBITOR LIST – Who is exhibiting this year?
Please click here to access the current Exhibitor List and Interactive Floor Plan.
EXHIBITOR RESOURCE CENTER – When will I receive my exhibitor service manual?
The Exhibitor Service Manual will become available January 2018.
EXPOSITION SCHEDULE – What are this year’s move-in, move-out and show hours?
The Exhibit Hall Schedule will become available January 2018.
HOTEL RESERVATIONS – How can I make hotel reservations?
Hotel reservations can be made here.
REGISTRATION (CONFERENCE) – How do I register for the conference portion of the event; what does it include; and what qualifications are necessary?
Registration for the conference is available here.
SHUTTLE BUSES – Is there shuttle bus service available from my hotel to the convention center?
There will be no shuttle service between the airport and the hotel.
SPONSORSHIPS – What type of sponsorships are available?
For sponsorship information, please view the Online Sponsorship Opportunities webpage. With questions, please contact:
AFCEA Exhibit and Sponsorship Management Team